- What is your role at Confex and how long have you worked here?
I joined October 2009 in Office Admin – Central Payment. I look after Central Payment and send out daily invoices and statements to Members who have Nestle/Own Label Accounts. I also set up new Members/Suppliers on the dbase, send Supplier invoices and do bespoke mail outs to Members.
- What did you do before joining Confex?
Legal secretary in corporate law. Worked in finance in the NHS and various other departments for 7 years. Prior to that I worked for a company building swimming pools I was office manager ordering plant hire and buying building materials for various sites nationwide for 7˝ years.
- What do you do when you’re not at Confex?
I enjoy gardening, bird watching, walking and getting together with friends & family.
- If you were able to retire tomorrow, how would you spend your time?
Finish refurbing my 1960s bungalow then go travelling around the UK and abroad.
- Who inspires you?
My college Tutor steered me in the right direction and I haven’t looked back.
- What type of business would you go into, if it wasn’t wholesale?
- What is the most interesting place you have visited and why?
The salt flats in Bonaire watching long legged flamingos feeding.
- What do you like about working at Confex?
Lovely spacious offices and the pleasant drive to work through the countryside.