- What is your role at Confex and how long have you worked here?
I joined Confex in 2009 as Business Development Manager.
- What did you do before joining Confex?
I worked in the horseracing industry for 10 years in a variety of roles including working in Dubai for Sheikh Mohammed, for the British Horseracing Board and running my own company selling shares in racehorses.
- What do you do when you’re not at Confex?
I own a horse and enjoy riding with my family. I also enjoy golf but am definitely a fair weather golfer!
- If you were able to retire tomorrow, how would you spend your time?
Easy – going horse racing and playing golf!
- Who inspires you?
Recently sportsmen. There have been some outstanding results from older sportsmen (Phil Mickelson at US Open and Frankie Dettori winning the Guineas) along with breakthroughs in female Jockeys smashing the perceived glass ceiling in horseracing (Rachael Blackmore winning the Grand National & Hollie Doyle aiming to win the British Jockeys Championship). It has been inspiring the see these sportsmen break records against all the odds.
- What type of business would you go into, if it wasn’t wholesale?
It wouldn’t necessarily matter as long as it involved sales & marketing and the opportunity to work with a happy & forward thinking team like we have at Confex.
- What is the most interesting place you have visited and why?
Laos is the best country I have visited. A relatively untouched paradise free from most of the shackles of the modern world, combined with the most welcoming people at one with nature and their environment.
- What do you like about working at Confex?
It sounds very corny but the people. Whether you are a Confex member, supplier or the team at HQ its really is a pleasure to work alongside some very dynamic, progressive and diverse people. Wholesale remains the place to work!